The coffee that we drink is actually made from roast and ground coffee which are prepared in different ways. Drip coffee or filter is made by simply putting finely-ground coffee in paper or reusable cone-shaped unit. Almost-boiling water is then poured on top.
The brew filters through its unit into a mug or put and is ready to drink. The coffee grounds will remain in the cone. These days, this is done mostly by electric coffee machines.
But the next time you decide to sip some caffeine, be it to get back to piles of work papers, or to stay awake before a test, you need to be sure that you do it in as healthy way as you can. To help you out, we would like to show you some of the popular coffee drinks from different parts of the globe.
Popular Coffee Drinks from Different Parts of the Globe
Most people when reading the menu of coffee drinks in a coffee house do not have any clue on what to order or the difference between an espresso from cappuccino or an Americano.
The list below will help you to be familiar with the menu better and also decide what the best for your tongue is. Coffee can be had right on its own just like in espresso or with some added milk, brandy or lemon.
First, you can have espresso, which has no milk at all, just pure coffee. The majority of traditional coffee recipes revolve around single or double espresso shots.
If you are a real coffee connoisseur then you need to try and learn how to create one of your own. Generally it is made from one single 1 oz. shot of coffee which is made with 7 grams of well ground coffee which is extracted at between 18 and 25 seconds.
Read more :
- Coffee Lover Starter Guide : Popular Types of Coffee
- Charts of Italian Coffee Types
- Coffee Blend Types with Espresso
There are various recopies and this is just small selection to choose from.
- Americano-this is an espresso shot which is diluted to taste with hot water.The name was primarily given to insult Americans that eh Europeans believed were not up to enjoying fill espressos.
- Cappuccino-this is usually made available in equal parts espresso, frothed milk, and steamed milk. All this really makes the coffee taste more diluted and somewhat weaker. Some coffee shops will even sprinkle cinnamon or perhaps flaked chocolate right on top and other will add more milk than will the others. All coffee shops make some sort of variance to keep up with the taste of regular customers.
- Flavoured coffee-this is made to taste and more a local variety. A huge variety exists in various parts of the globe. The flavour can be either the mix of syrups, spices, nutmegs, or flavorings which are added to the coffee and create a different taste to coffee.
- Café Latte-Café Latte possesses more milk than does cappuccino. This is one part espresso with at least 3 to 5 parts of steamed hot milk with small amount of froth on top.
In Italian, Latte means milk, so you need to be careful when ordering one when you are in Rome.